Sunday, 23 June 2013

Raw Carrot Cake Doughnut Holes

So Brent and I were talking last week about Carrot muffins, and how we enjoyed the sweet and savory comination between the carrots, and the warm spices, and since it's still raining like mad outside we figured we whip up something similar in flavour, but minus the processed crap, and loaded with health benefits.


             BE HOLD! Raw carrot cake doughnut holes were born!




Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 2 pitted fresh medjool dates
- 1/2 a teaspoon  pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar cane (optional; for outer coating)

Directions:
Combine almonds, carrot, dates, salt, vanilla, coconut oil and spices in your food processor until blended. Once mixture is made, roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugarcane to decorate.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have fresh dates only the packaged kind. How many or should I just soak them first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they're not too dry, I'd say they'd be fine just to use instead (I would probably use 4). If they are super dry, it wouldn't hurt to soak them a little for some extra moisture, but again I'd still use 4. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi...
    With all the different types and brands of coconut oil available, I was wonder which one do you recommend. Also I have never used pink Himalayan salt before, is there anything I need to look for to make sure I get a good quality product?

    Your recipes look delicious! Can't wait to try some of them!!!

    ReplyDelete