So Brent and I were talking last week about Carrot muffins, and how we enjoyed the sweet and savory comination between the carrots, and the warm spices, and since it's still raining like mad outside we figured we whip up something similar in flavour, but minus the processed crap, and loaded with health benefits.
BE HOLD! Raw carrot cake doughnut holes were born!
- 1 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 2 pitted fresh medjool dates
- 1/2 a teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar cane (optional; for outer coating)
Combine almonds, carrot, dates, salt, vanilla, coconut oil and spices in your food processor until blended. Once mixture is made, roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugarcane to decorate.